Mascara is definitely one of my top three favorite beauty products! It really opens and accentuates the eye. Click on the link above for a tutorial on how I apply my mascara.
Some important tips when it comes to mascara:
- Start at the base of the lashes and jiggle/shimmy up.
- Different mascara wands do different things. The thicker brushes are for volume and thickening and the more comb like brushes are for separating and lengthening. If your lashes are longer and you would like to add some volume, use a fatter brush. If your lashes are shorter but fuller, use a more comb like brush.
- Don’t pump the mascara wand in the tube. This allows for oxygen/air to get inside the tube causing it to dry out.
- Be sure to change your mascara every three months. Try not to share it either. It spreads bacteria and you could end up with an infection.
- When using an eyelash curler, shimmy the curler to the base, clamp down and hold for about ten seconds. You can pick these up at any drug store, Ulta, or Sephora. I would refrain from purchasing anything too cheap so you don’t ruin your lashes.
- If you have straight lashes I highly recommend using an eyelash curler.
I personally do not use lash primers. I feel like it clumps my lashes together. However they are really great to use. They provide a great base, help mascara stay on longer, help make your lashes appear longer and of course condition your lashes.
In the tutorial I used/spoke about three different mascaras. Linked below.
Some of my all time favorite mascaras (including the ones above):
- Diorshow Mascara
- Lancome – Hypnose
- MAC – Zoom Lash
- MAC – Zoom Waterfast Lash
- MAC – Opulash
- MAC – Haute and Naughty Lash
- MAC – In Extreme Dimension Lash
- Covergirl – Lash Blast Mascara
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and found it helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions!
Until next time!