I travel a lot and often times it leaves my skin looking tired and dehydrated. I’m going to share some tips with you on how you can prep your skin before you travel so it looks plump, fresh and like you’ve gotten your eight hours of beauty rest! I’ll be sure to list some of my favorite products below.
- WATER: Yep. Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water before, during and after your trip. Traveling definitely jacks up your normal day to day routine. Time passes by and when you think back on the day, you haven’t had a sip of water in hours. The humidity in the cabin of a plane is very low (much lower than it normally is on land). This is perfect for my curly ass hair but my skin struggles! My fine lines aren’t so fine and my skin looks dry. Ask your flight attendant for some water. If you’re traveling by car, remember to pack some with you. (You may have to make an extra pit stop.. Sorry!) Or make sure you’re drinking plenty of fluids at your final destination to make up for lost time. (Side note, although alcohol is a fluid, it’s super dehydrating, it doesn’t count!). Be sure to keep drinking water consistently throughout your trip.
- PRE-TRAVEL FACIAL: The day before, when I’m packing to head out of town, I like to give myself a little at home facial. First I cleanse my skin thoroughly. Second, I use a toner. Third, I exfoliate. I use an exfoliant to sloth off any dead skin and it helps the product penetrate/work much better. Dehydration leads to dry flakey skin, exfoliating before your trip is a huge plus. Fourth, I use a hydrating/moisturizing face mask treatment. Lastly, I moisturize, moiturize, moisturize. When you wake up in the morning your face should look rested and feel/look much more hydrated.
DURING TRAVEL TIPS:
- HYDRATING FACE SPRAYS: OH MY GOSH!!! These are the bomb dot com!! I love these things. Pack them with you when you travel or keep a travel size in your purse. These hydrating mists help snap back the moisture into tired dull looking skin. You’ll automatically look much more awake, fresh and it’ll bounce moisture right back into your skin.
- LIP BALM & LOTION: Be sure to pack some sort of lip balm and lotion as well.
- If you wake up with a puffy face from all the traveling…wrap a damp wash cloth around an ice cube and lightly apply pressure to the problem areas on your face. (Typically the under eye area.) You’ll be amazed at the results!
Beauty Masks I LOVE!
Face Mists I LOVE!
Until Next Time!