Today’s post is so exciting! I’m sharing my current favorite foundations and concealers. This is currently the most requested topic on my blog! I’ll also provide tips and tricks to help your foundation last all day long.
Let’s dive right in…shall we?
- First and foremost, the most important step to having a flawless foundation look is having a great skincare regimen. You can visit this post on skincare basics here (it cracks me up! It’s a collaboration with my mom, I’m trying not to laugh the entire time! haha). Also visit this post on 6 skincare products you should be using before you turn 30 (if you’re 30 don’t worry, it’s still a great post and you can incorporate the products into your current skincare routine).
- Secondly, prep your skin before you apply foundation. Apply your favorite moisturizer, primer and SPF.
- Primer can be your option. I don’t always use it, but it will help your foundation last longer and help to fill in fine lines. I’ll be sure to list some of my favorites below.
- Third, I typically use a BeautyBlender to apply my foundation. It tends to give an even finished look.
- Fourth, use a setting powder or setting spray to lock everything into place. I’ll also link some of my favorites below.
OKAY…I’m sorry for rambling but I think those steps are vital for flawless foundation. Now onto my favorite foundations….not in any particular order. You guys know how much I love makeup and I can’t play favorites. That would make them sad if they knew I chose one over the other. It’s kind of like asking your child who they love more, mommy or daddy?? HAHA
- Dior – AIRFLASH Foundation – This foundation is a medium coverage with a natural finish. You can mist it directly onto your face for an “airbrushed” look, or for fuller coverage you can apply with a kabuki brush or a BeautyBlender. Spray directly onto your BeautyBlender or kabuki and apply your foundation from the center of your face outward. This foundation is more of a matte finish. If you would like a dewy finish, apply a luminous primer first.
- Gorgio Armani – luminous silk foundation – I was on the hunt for a radiant foundation. Something that was going to give me coverage but not leave my face looking dull and one dimensional. It has a silky finish and is more of a full coverage than a medium coverage like they advertise. It doesn’t feel heavy at all and this foundation is absolutely amazing.
- Too Faced – Born This Way – Born This Way is an oil free medium to full coverage foundation. For medium coverage apply once to the center of your face and then with your sponge, brush, or fingers blend outwards. If you’re looking for full coverage simply build until you achieve your desired finish. This foundation has skincare benefits as well! It’s infused with coconut water to add moisture back into the face, Alpine rose to brighten your skin’s appearance and elasticity, and lastly hyaluronic acid to help provide long-lasting skincare benefits!
- L’OREAL – True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation – This is an awesome drug store find! It gives the skin a nice glow and can also provide buildable coverage. The finish is sheer to medium, for more coverage simply apply more until your desired look is achieved. This foundation is safe for all skin types and won’t clog your pores.
- The Ordinary – Serum Foundation with SPF 15 – Another foundation that won’t break the bank! This formula is very lightweight. They advertise a semi-matte finish, but I believe it to be more matte than not. I absolutely love how weightless this foundation feels! For a more luminous finish apply a primer beforehand. This is a great daytime foundation!
Now for my favorite concealers!!
- Laura Mercier – Flawless Fusion Ultra Longwear Concealer – This concealer is so good you guys! She hit a home run with this one. It’s advertised to last up to twelve hours and it holds up to the challenge!! I work long days and this concealer lasts all. day. long. It doesn’t crease, blends beautifully, and is ultra lightweight. Another plus….it’s water, sweat, and humidity resistant. I give this a huge thumbs up! (paraben, sulfate and phthalates free)
- NARS – Radiant Creamy Conealer – This is another great one. It’s an award winning medium to full coverage formula. NARS believes that makeup should not “mask” your imperfections but help correct them. This concealer is infused with a botanical blend that hydrates, reduces redness and firms the look of skin. Also, it delivers an antioxidant protection to help shield skin against harmful free radicals. This concealer is paraben, sulfate and phthalates free.
- NYX – HD Studio Photogenic Concealer – You can’t go wrong with NYX. This is one of their best sellers and it’s at an amazing price point. This formula glides on like a dream and is a medium to full coverage concealer. You can use it to highlight, cover imperfections or conceal dark under eye circles. Great for everyday use!
- Maybelline – Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer – Maybelline did a great job with this one! It instantly creates a refreshed looking eye area. Highly concentrated with haloxyl and goji berry to reduce the appearance of fine lines, dark circles, and diminish the appearance of puffiness around the eyes. The built-in applicator is great for highlighting.
Well there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the details about my favorite foundations and concealers. If you have any questions at all please feel free to reach out to me! I can honestly say I have tried and used every single one of these products and they all get the MIMISPOT stamp of approval!
Favorite Foundation Applicators
Favorite Setting Powders and Sprays.