Hello beautiful! This post has been a long time coming. Today I’m sharing my current nightly skincare routine! All the products I use come highly recommend! (I’ve been using most of them for years) I must say, what works for me and my skin type may not necessarily work for you and your skin type. I suggest booking an appointment with a registered esthetician for the most accurate evaluation of your skin. But, for an easy at home evaluation you can follow the steps below :).
**How to determine your skin type**
- Wake up in the morning and take an oil blotter to your t-zone. Depending on how much oil (if any) is on the towelette you can roughly determine your skin type! No oil = dry. Little to no oil = combination/ slightly dry. Little to very oily = slightly oily to oily.
Moving right along….
- Step 1. Gentle Cleanser. I’m so in love with my current cleanser from Blue Mercury (m-61 Perfect Cleanse Facial Cleanser). It’s a gentle foaming cleanser that removes all my make-up without stripping my skin of it’s natural oils. It’s perfect for all skin types and contains an antioxidant Vitamin E to help strengthen the skin barrier function, and green tea helps to calm and soothe the skin. I use my Clarisonic to really help get a great cleanse as well. The Clarisonic cleanses 6 times more than the human hand alone! (This cleaner is 100% paraben and synthetic fragrance free)
- Step 2. Toner. I have been using Pixi’s Glow Tonic for about 3 years now! I purchase mine from Target and I usually purchase two or three at a time because this product flies off the shelf. This toner is alcohol free! (You should not be using any toners with alcohol as an ingredient) Instead of leaving your skin feeling dry and striping it of it’s natural oils, Pixi added ginseng which improves circulation and aloe vera which soothes and hydrates the skin. An added bonus is the 5% glycolic acid which helps to gently exfoliate. Perfect for all skin types…this toner will not disappoint! (Not tested on animals)
- Step 3. Treatment. You guysssss…when I tell you, I love this product, that’s an understatement! Blue Mercury makes a 1 minute, 1 step exfoliating peel and it will not disappoint! It clarifies, exfoliates the skin, and reduces the look of pores and fine lines. This mini wipe contains glycolic and sylicylic acid. Also included is chamomile and lavender to help calm the skin! I use this treatment three times a week! (Blue Mercury’s number 1 stunna, I mean seller! LOL)
- Step 4. Eye Cream. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream. This is an awesome drugstore purchase and very affordable! It’s made up of a marine and botanical complex that helps reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness. For an added bonus, they included hyaluronic acid which helps with brightness and the appearance of smoother skin. (Safe for all skin types)
- Step 5. Moisturize. Would you believe me if I told you that only 24% of women are moisturizer two times a day?? It doesn’t matter what skin type you have, this should always be a part of your skincare routine. Moisturizer is my bff. I can’t live without it. For the past year I have been using SkinCeuticals, Renew Overnight Dry Moisturizer. This 2 oz. jar of heaven is suitable for normal to dry skin…despite what the label says (Dry). It diminishes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature aging. It also has a 10% hydroxy acid blend which gently exfoliates the skin for a healthier appearance. Definitely worth the splurge.
I hope you enjoyed a little insight into my nightly skin care regimen. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!